I'm not wipping through the stash like I envisioned, but then again that was really not one of my true goals. One of my biggest goals was to get the stash organized. When we all first started this and everyone was figuring out their total yards and such, I was growing very envious. Not because I wanted the yarn, but because it ment that it was in at least a semi-organized manner. I mean you would have to at least know what you have to figure out the yards and stuff - right?
Well the painting of the room is finally done, and today was the first day I was able to start organizing stuff. It felt so good. In the process I also did de-stash quite a bit. Passed some on to my daughter (does that count?), mailed some out, and have a bag for the goodwill or freecycle. But with all that I got rid of at least 30 skeins.
Taking pictures in this very narrow (and very cluttered) area is hard. I can't get the full racks in a shot. Maybe when I'm totally done it will be easier.
I still have plenty of yarn left. This is the yarn from the numerous bags that never made it into one of the 40 gallon totes, and what's left from two 40 gallon totes. I still have a dresser to clean out, then it will all be in one place. It's so nice being able to see what I have instead of having to think :-) Plus I found a few surprises things I totally forgot about (like a couple of skeins of kid silk haze). I also found numerous WIP's but we won't go there. It was cool finding the needles along with the WIP's though.
On the knitting fron my airy cardi just needs to be seamed, and my lotus blossom tank just needs the arm holes finished. I'm so bad at getting to the finishing details.